- Created on 2012-08-02
Director, Care Management, PI and Patient Safety - Chesapeake Regional Medical Center (c/o Anderson & Associates)
CRMC brings a broad range of care to the people of southeast Virginia and northeast North Carolina. The hospital is a 310-bed, local, independent, community-focused organization offering area residents high-quality, technologically advanced healthcare delivered by people who openly display their caring, concern and compassion.
The Director, Care Management PI & Patient Safety will be responsible for the planning, organizing, coordinating, management, implementation, evaluation and development of the Care Management, Performance Improvement and Patient Safety. He/She guides and directs patient care units and other hospital departments to formulate an interdisciplinary approach to Care Management. The Director serves as a resource to Care Management/PIPS staff and monitors progress toward the achievement of short term and long term goals within the Care Management process. He/She will be responsible for maintaining Care Management Standards of Practice, and be accountable for the management and maintenance of designated quality improvement comparative databases.
- Master’s Degree in a related field required;
- must be a registered nurse licensed in the state of Virginia (or license eligible);
- research and/or clinical concentration preferred;
- must have training in theory, tool and methods of improvement with Lean and or Six Sigma;
- CCM-Certified Case Manager and CPHQ-Certified Professional Healthcare Quality required;
- Certification in Lean/Six Sigma processes with healthcare focus;
- 3 - 5 years of previous acute care case management and patient safety management/leadership experience required;
- 5 or more years of clinical acute care experience required.