- Created on 2012-08-01
Client Service Delivery | Baltimore, MD, United States
Evolent Health is looking for an RN with a focus in case management, behavior change, and chronic medical health to be a founding member of the population health team. As a member of a team of nurses, social workers, physicians, pharmacists, health economists, and program coordinators, you will have the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of people living with multiple chronic illnesses and mental health issues. You will connect with your patients in person, on the phone and through email, in the hospital, physician office, and patient’s home - essentially however and wherever the patient needs your assistance to improve their health, better understand their illness and coordinate their care.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments that include the medical, behavioral, pharmaceutical and social needs of the patients; identify gaps in care based on clinical practice guidelines. Identify barriers to obtaining care and improved health.
- Based on this assessment, and in conjunction with the patient, the patient’s physician and other members of the population health team, create and implement a care plan that will address the identified needs, remove the barriers and improve the health of the patient.
- Coordinate care by serving as the contact point, advocate and resource for the patient, their family and their physician, building effective relationships through trust, respect and communication.
- Assesses the patient’s knowledge of their clinical condition and provide education and self-management support based on the patient’s unique learning style.
- Measure, improve and maintain quality outcomes (clinical, financial, and functional) for individual patients and the population served.
Qualities We Are Looking For:
- 3-5 years of experience in providing direct services to individuals with chronic medical and/or behavioral health conditions.
- Associates degree in Nursing; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred or Masters in human services related field (Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health or Counseling).
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, ability to positively influence others with respect and compassion; fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
- Strong work ethic built on a foundation of proactivity and teamwork.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with the aid of structured problem solving techniques.
- Committed to the practice of inquiry and listening.
- Flexible work schedule – may need to work evenings/ occasional weekends to provide patient access and/ or follow up.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- We are looking for team members who possess high energy, a strong work ethic, integrity, who are kind and empathetic, have a sense of humor, and who enjoy working for a collaborative, team-oriented system.
Evolent Health offers the first provider-led, fully integrated platform for population and health plan management to leading health systems. This platform covers the full spectrum of health system needs as they develop their value-based care strategies. Evolent is a high growth, entrepreneurial organization with the backing of two established players in the healthcare space, The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). Through these relationships Evolent Health enjoys the benefit of substantial contributed technology assets, intellectual property and human capital to support the company’s mission. Evolent has grown rapidly since its inception and is looking for employees who thrive in a dynamic environment and are excited by the prospect of joining a firm that is poised for rapid growth.
Our structure is flat with an open door policy all the way to our CEO. We don’t like approval chains, we love people who make good decisions.
Our Compensation and Benefits:
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, Evolent Health offers market-leading pay with an annual bonus that rewards performance. A competitive benefits package, including 25 days of paid time off for all employees, a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan (with company match), a daytime leave policy for community service, a flexible spending account and additional attractive benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer